Wednesday, January 2, 2008

007 is Dead!

And there was much rejoicing.


Dazzling fireworks over London reminiscent of V for Vendetta!

I myself entered the new year rather subdued by a head cold. I didn't go anywhere grand nor see anything fantasmagorical. I had no New Year's kiss. No fireworks. No romance. Oh, dear. Pity me.

I don't care. I'm a cool cat, a suave ship's captain, a self-actualized writer who dreamed a dream and when it failed to come true of its own accord, beat it into submission I did. And if it wasn't self-published and utterly lacking in publicity, it would be a best-seller. No question in my mind. Who out there among you knows the agent or publicist or publisher to carry this book that is sooooo beloved to those who've read it, who among you can help get it out there to the masses? Anyone?

This year you'll see the rebirth of this author. Getting off all the drugs, God willing. And I ain't talking street drugs. I'm talking all the pharma-crapical shit I've been scripted for and been leaning on for years. Gonna get clean, we are. If it kills us. Had enough of their drugs.

What will take the place of all those groovy little pills that have constituted my life support system of an entire decade? Dunno yet. Working on that one.

If I'm absolutely going bonkers in another month or so (I've been off the anti-deps for over 100 days now), I've promised myself to follow my own advice as writ in "Dead Men Hike No Trails" and drag my blues-broken bones out to Georgia and that's right - hike the damn AT again if I have to. If I can hold out til mid-April, maybe I'll be hiking the PCT.

I wish you all health and happiness in the new year, and good fortune. We're gonna need the latter. I prescribe plenty of humor to get us through what - to this writer, appear to be the darkest times of my adult life. But then my vision is a little skewed.

Will Ferrell. He's a funny man. Keep your eyes on Will Ferrell, and my apologies for the lack of substance in this blog these days. I'm saving myself, as it were, for the next book.

Semper fi,
RSM